苏州美联英语:读故事记托福单词 The Way Home

发布日期:2018-06-05 19:15 本文摘要:苏州美联英语培训是苏州英语培训最好的一家培训机构,下面小编给大家阅读一篇读故事记托福单词 The Way Home的文章 It seemed like a long ascent to the top. 登上山顶的路好长好长。 The mountain appreared barren, as though it had suffered through ma

  苏州美联英语培训是苏州英语培训最好的一家培训机构,下面小编给大家阅读一篇读故事记托福单词 The Way Home的文章

  It seemed like a long ascent to the top.

  登上山顶的路好长好长。

  The mountain appreared barren, as though it had suffered through many years of arid climate.

  这座山看起来光秃秃的,似乎饱受了常年的干旱天气。

  I had no idea why I have to climbing this mountain.

  我不知道自己为什么要爬这座山。

  All I could recall was that I had been reading a fascinating artical about climbing.

  我只记得当时我正在读一篇关于登山的精彩文章。

  But with my arthritis, how could I possibly make it to the top?

  但我患有关节炎,怎么可能爬上山顶呢?

  Despite my confusion, I ascended the mountain.

  糊里糊涂中,我开始登山。

  After what seemed like an hour, I stumbled across a small artificial structure. It was hidden behind a large rocks.

  约莫一小时后,我跌跌撞撞地走过一个藏在大石块后的小型人造建筑物。

  I was shocked to discover that it was an arsenal containing an array of antiquated armor and armament.

  我愕然发现这竟是个军械库,里面存放着全系列的古老盔甲和武器。

  All of it appeared to be handmade, probably by a 17th century artisan.

  这里的一切似乎都是手工制作的,很可能出自一位17世纪工匠之手。

  It was a bit scray, so I left quickly and continued my acsent.

  这里怪恐怖的,我很快就离开了,继续我的攀登。

  Further up, I ran into a man dressed like an aristocrat.

  我继续往上走,遇到了一位穿戴类似贵族的男人。

  He was articulating some kind of ancient arithmetic.

  他正清清楚楚地讲着什么古老算术。

  His presence aroused my curiosity.

  他的存在引起了我的好奇,

  I asked him what he was doing on the mountain.

  我便问他在山上做些什么。

  He rudely responded,"don't you know where you are?"

  他粗鲁的回答到:“难道你不知道自己在哪吗?”

  What an arrogant man, I thought to myself.

  这人真够傲慢的,我想。

  After what felt like another hour, I spotted a small cave.

  又过了大约一个小时,我发现了一个小山洞,

  I found an old monk living inside.

  洞里住这个老和尚。

  Foolishly, I offered him some wine.

  我竟傻巴拉叽的请他喝葡萄酒。

  I should have known that monks practice asceticism.

  我应该知道和尚奉行禁欲主义,

  But he wasn't offended.

  还好他没有生气。

  He simply smile and said,"I am indeed an ascetic person."

  他只是笑了笑,说道:“我是个真正的禁欲主义者。”

  I told the monk that I was tired and missed my home.

  我告诉那和尚我好累、好想家。

  "Open your eyes" he whispered."You are already home."

  “睁开你的眼睛。”他悄悄说道,“你到家了。”

  Suddenly, I began to hear the sound of my favorite aria.

  我突然听到我最喜欢的咏唱调,

  I could sense the aroma of a familiar aromatic substance.

  又问道熟悉的香料散发出的芬芳。

  It was followed by a familiar voice.

  然后,一个熟悉的声音说话了。

  "Wake up" my wife said.

  “醒醒吧!”妻子说到,

  "Here's your coffee! You're late for work."

  “这是你的咖啡,你上班要迟到了。”

  aria n.独唱曲,咏唱调

  arid adj.干旱的

  aristocrat n.贵族

  arithmetic n.算术

  armament n.军备,武器

  armor n.装甲;装甲车

  aroma n.香气,芬芳,芳香

  aromatic adj.芬芳的

  arouse vt.刺激,激起;唤醒

  array n.展示,陈列;一系列

  arrogant adj.傲慢的,自大的

  arsenal n.兵工厂,军械库

  arthritis n.关节炎

  article n.论文,文章;物品,条款

  articulate vt.清楚的讲话,清晰的发音

  artificial adj.人造的,人工的;虚假的,矫揉造作的

  artisan n.手工业工人,手艺人

  ascend vi.(渐渐的)升高,上升

  ascent n.攀登,上升

  ascetic n.苦行者,禁欲者;adj.禁欲的,苦行的

  asceticism n.禁欲主义苏州美联英语:读故事记托福单词 The Way Home